URISA’s Leadership Development Committee recently presented its recommended slate of candidates to the URISA Board of Directors. The Board unanimously approved the slate, listed below, for its 2020 election.
URISA is pleased to present the following list of candidates for URISA President-Elect and for Directors on the Board.
For President-Elect: Brent Jones, PE, PLS, Global Manager, Land Records/Cadastre, Esri, Vienna Virginia
For Board of Directors (to fill 3 positions):
- Kathryn Brewer, GISP, Partner, Spatial Relationships LLC, Boston Massachusetts
- Xan Fredericks, GISP, Lidar Coordinator/Associate National Map Liaison, US Geological Survey, Saint Petersburg, Florida
- Tari Martin, GISP, Director, National & Federal, National Alliance for Public Safety GIS (NAPSG) Foundation, Washington, DC
- Pravin Mathur, GISP, Clark Nexsen, Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Joseph Sloop, GISP, Geographic Information Officer, Forsyth County, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Steven J. Steinberg, PhD, GISP, Geographic Information Officer, Los Angeles County, Los Angeles, California
The official ballots will be distributed to the entire URISA membership by the end of June. The deadline for URISA members to cast their votes is July 30. To help members decide for whom to vote, each candidate will provide a profile of their professional experience and a statement about their ideas for URISA’s future.
Those elected will begin their three-year Board terms following GIS-Pro 2020.